Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2013 Spring Into Summer 5K Training Week 4

Note to self: DO NOT wait until Tuesday to post the previous week's training log...

As I'm going through training, I have found that three days of running is still a little too much on my body. I find that two days a week still allows me to push myself and not worry about going overboard. On that note, I'm finding my confidence at just about the right time too with just less than four weeks to go!

Monday: 2.54 mile run

I admit, I'm still working on getting speed back, and this run was not my best with a pace of 12:40/mile, but I gave it my all, and that's what counts, right? ;-)

Tuesday: Spin (90 minutes) + Core

Usual Tuesday night routine. 786 calories burned just during spin. Awesome feeling. =D

Wednesday: Weights + Core + 20 minutes Elliptical

I was off work Wednesday, so I took advantage of the day and went to core in the morning (only time my gym has it on Wednesdays =P), and did weights before followed by a quick 20 minute round on the elliptical.

Thursday: REST

Friday: REST

Saturday: Weights + Spin + Core

Spin was BRUTAL on Saturday morning! My instructor was testing the October release, and it was mostly standing climbs! Awesome workout for sure! I also did my usual weights and core as well.

Sunday: 2.56 mile run

This run was much needed, both mentally and physically. Rough day at work, and all I wanted to do was run. Of course, my RunKeeper wasn't working, so I used MapMyRun. According to that, I completed 2.6 miles in just over 30 minutes (11:43/mile). If that is accurate (and I felt like it was), I am within striking distance of my goal pace (11:30/mile)! This was a huge boost for my confidence! =D

Last week was awesome! For the first time in a long time, I felt so strong, both in the gym and on the pavement! With just less than four weeks to go, I am peaking at the right time! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment