Thursday, August 13, 2015

Playlist Thursday: Mixed Bag

Happy Friday Eve, everybody! This week seemed to fly, which is unusual for me!

Since it's Thursday, and I forgot to post a playlist last week (silly real life getting in the way), here's one for you this week!



I can't thank Pavey enough for putting this idea in my head and I've gone with it for a few weeks now! I love putting these together!

For those unfamiliar with Playlist Thursday (either through here or Pavey), here's the format:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (I know that isn’t too long to be considered old, but music turnover happens quickly.)
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year.
Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.


Here's what I came up with:

Something Old

Artist: Coldplay
Song: White Shadows
Side Note: Some people say that this song is underrated, which I kind of agree with. However, I'm kind of glad this song never hit the radio in the United States (It did in Australia, Italy, and Mexico). It made for a nice treat for those who bought the whole X&Y album. Everything about this song screams Coldplay, and it is awesome. Personally, I feel that this song is about recognizing things that you didn't know were there or that you wanted, and acting upon that realization. You may not get them, but at least you know what you're going for.
Quotable: Little white shadows glisten, part of a system plan.


 

Something Current

Artist: Florence and the Machine
Song: Queen of Peace
Side Note: The whole album How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful is awesome, but this song was my favorite from the time I first heard the album. The message is not the happiest, since it's pretty much about the girl being "the queen" trying to make everyone happy and the guy being "the king" ruining everything and driving everyone away. The song is catchy yet powerful, like much of the band's songs, and part of the reason I have become a Florence and the Machine fan!
Quotable: Like the stars chase the sun over the glowing hill, I will conquer.


(Note: I couldn't find a vid with only Queen of Peace, so this is what you get...)

 

Something to Consider

Artist: Fun.
Song: Carry On
Side Note: I try to stay away from anything really mellow and sappy with these. However, this is a great song. It is a bit cliched, with the whole "Never give up" theme, but at the same time, it's typical Fun. The beginning starts with feeling empty and alone and ends with "No one's going to stop us now" bit. I love this song when I'm feeling down and know that I just need to realize that if I carry on, it will be fine.
Quotable: 'Cause we are, we are shining stars, we are invincible, we are who we are.

This week's playlist may come across as a mixed bag, and that's because it is. I couldn't decide on a theme for this week, so I just picked a few of my favs. Hopefully, I can come up with an awesome theme for next week!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment