Thursday, August 11, 2016

Playlist Thursday: Go For It

Hello, world! This month is already flying by! We're already halfway through August! CRAZY!

My split 10K, better known as #AP2TheLights is only TWO days away! So, I decided to throw together this awesome playlist of tunes that keep scream "Go for it!" All three will be on the iPod for Saturday, and I will be letting the iPod decide my race music since I got sick of putting together playlists. ;-) 



For those who are unfamiliar with Playlist Thursday (either through Pavey or myself), here's the format:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (I know that isn’t too long to be considered old, but music turnover happens quickly.) Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year. Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.


Here's what I came up with:

Something Old


Song: We Weren't Born to Follow
Artist: Bon Jovi
Side Note: This song was on the album "The Circle," and was actually the 2009 World Series promo song. It has recently become one of my favorite songs to run to. The song is pretty much about doing what you think is right, no matter what anyone else thinks or what life seems to throw at you. I have recently started to come into my own, and plan on staying on that path. I was NOT born to be a follower! 
Quotable: When life is a bitter pill to swallow, you gotta hold on to what you believe. 




Something Current


Song: Iconic
Artist: Madonna feat. Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson
Side Note: If you can get past the intro by Mike Tyson (which doesn't really bother me), this song is really awesome. This has a good electronic beat, and great lyrics. For me, I believe that this song is about showing the world what you're made of and being your own version of an icon. Otherwise, what's the point of life? 
Quotable: Just shine your light like a beautiful star.





Something to Consider


Song: Warrior
Artist: Havana Brown
Side Note: This song is amazing. It is one of my favorites, and I listen to it at least once a day. This song just screams " Fight on and kick ass!" Personally, I feel that one can never listen to too many songs about being your own version of awesome, and this is one of them.
Quotable: Gonna dance, dance, dance to the beat of my drum, like a warrior.




There you have it! I plan on making Saturday rock, and hope that these songs will be part of my races! No matter what, these songs have been awesome motivation for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment