Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: One Wild Ride

Happy New Year, everyone! Before 2013 comes in, I just wanted to look back at the wild ride that 2012 has been.

The Good:

1) New job! After nine years at Chuck E. Cheese, I finally said goodbye to the place, and moved on to Panera, where it's looking like I will eventually become management.

2) Baltimore and Fitbloggin! This was my first solo overnight trip, and I had a blast! I didn't get homesick once, and in fact, I didn't want to come home!

3) Running not one, but three 5K's. Each had its own challenges, but I finished each race, which is a victory in itself (considering I didn't plan to run ANY last year)!

4) Joining a new gym. I found two new workout addictions in spin and cardio kickboxing, not to mention meeting two awesome instructors who most likely would not have come into my life otherwise.

5) All the awesome people I met! New connections at work, Fitbloggin, and the gym made for some new friends this year!

The Bad:

1) My knee injury. I sprained my knee in a cardio dance class back in August, and it kept me out of the gym for three weeks, as well as ending my running for the year. Not to mention making me a VERY unhappy camper.

2) My dad getting sick again. He's had heart problems for years, but this year, everything went out of sorts. It could have been stress, as well as his medications messing with each other, but he's doing better after a pacemaker procedure two weeks ago.


The Ugly:

1) Hurricane Sandy in October. While my area got lucky, there were towns around me that did not fare so well. It was so heartbreaking to see devastation like that so close to home, and unimaginable that disaster like that was even possible.


In a nutshell, this year had its ups and downs. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and the way this year unfolded made me stronger than I ever thought I could be. I couldn't have scripted it any better if I tried. I hope that 2013 is my best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment