Wednesday, March 26, 2014

April Goals

I haven't blogged in almost two months. Epic. Fail.

In a nutshell, life has gotten in the way. I work about 43 hours a week and have a super early shift. Plus, I can spend as long as two hours a night in the gym.

Which leaves little time for blogging. Or TV viewing. Or much else. BORING!

In the midst of this, I kind of lost focus on a few things besides blogging, like cooking and weight training (MAJOR FAIL!). So, to help myself rebound, I came up with a few goals!

Goals for April:

1) Drink a gallon of water a day-AND track it. I was kicking ass with this one back in December...then fell off the wagon. Drinking a gallon of water a day will help me from drinking more iced tea and coffee than I should. Tracking will simply help me get there!

2) Try one new recipe a week. I can cook...just in a limited capacity. Pretty much just chicken and turkey burgers on my George Foreman plus boiling water for pasta. Can we say BORING? I checked out a Hungry Girl cookbook out of the library, plus have The Runner's World Cookbook, so I have tons of options to choose from!

3) Weight train at least two days a week. This is the part of my workouts where I am seriously slacking. I do a Power class on Fridays...then don't lift again until the following class. I love Power, so I plan to keep it in my schedule, but will also add at least one 20-30 minute session on my own. Whatever it takes, I will make it happen.

4) Minimum of 15 minutes of core work three days a week. Similar to the weight training, my core work is slowly decreasing. I know most classes integrate core work into the class, but I still would like to get at least 15 minutes in three days a week. Again, at least one or two classes, but still some work on my own.

5) Blog at least once a week. When I set this as a December goal, I rocked it! Since then...not so much. I plan to write about my upcoming 5K training as well as some possible reviews. I can and will make the time to keep this tiny blog of mine going!

Well, since I have my heights set high this month, I guess I should treat myself to something awesome, right? Well, it took some thought, and I decided on a mani-pedi at the end of April for all my hard work! I haven't had one since June, and decided it would be a nice goal/seven month maintenance reward!

Here's to an AWESOME APRIL!!

Since you are all so awesome to read my little blog here, I decided to ask you guys: What would you like me to blog about? What would YOU like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment