Friday, May 3, 2013

Spring Into Summer 5K Goals

In just less than 10 hours, I will be running my fourth 5K, and first in almost a year and my first post-injury race. While my training has had its ups and downs, I'm feeling strong going into tomorrow. Yet, there's still a little part of me that will be wondering if all that training was enough.

I have one main goal in mind tomorrow: Redemption.

I am running my first race since the heartbreak in Red Bank last June, and my first since I got hurt in August. While the whole "As long as you finish" thing is something that I KNOW I can do, I not only want to finish, I want to beat the time from last June (35:51).

Still, I do have some other hopes for this race:

1) Finish. Yes, I know I've done longer in training, but anything can happen, and I want to be able to complete the race.

2) Finish between 34:56-35:50. This would not put me in PR range, but would beat my Red Bank time.

3) PR-34:30-34:55. Based on most training runs, this looks realistic. I would need to maintain a 11:06-11:15 mile. I would totally take that!

4) PR-34:00-34:29. I would need to run below 11:00/mile. I can do it, but it's been inconsistent. Still, if I feel it tomorrow, I'm going for it!

5) PR-below 34:00. Hey, a girl can dream, right? ;-)

I just want to thank everyone for all the love and support going into tomorrow. You guys are the best! Just for that, I'm leaving you with a special treat: Flat Tracy, who is ready to ROCK tomorrow! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment