Thursday, May 9, 2013

2013 Spring Into Summer 5K Training: Week 8

Totally forgot to put this up on Sunday night! This last week and a half flew by! I can't believe it's been almost a week since my 5K! As I headed into the final stretch, I took it easy, but still had a solid week!

Monday: REST

Tuesday: Weights/Spin/Core

900 calorie burn in just over 90 minutes on the bike. Awesome.

Wednesday: 20 minutes elliptical/Core

Recovery run on the elliptical, plus a core class. Nothing fancy.

Thursday: 2.47 mile run

My final training run, and this one ended up being a shakeout. At first I was disappointed with the pace (12:13/mile), but I think I needed a slower run. It also didn't help that I wasn't fully focused either.

Friday: REST

Saturday: Spring Into Summer 5K!

Sunday: REST

I could not have asked for the final week to go any better than it did. Even though I didn't get the PR I was chasing (read the race recap), it still turned out to be an awesome race! I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment