Sunday, November 10, 2013

Currently: November 2013

I've taken a mini break from blogging so I can be awesome and start my quest for world domination. Okay, maybe not the world domination part. Hey, a girl can dream, right? ;-)

In reality, I've been busy with work and spending time in the gym and with my family. So, my blogging has been put aside for a little bit. I hope to fix this soon!

Still, I've been pretty awesome. I'm holding strong in maintenance mode after about a month and a half, and finally learned that a scale doesn't show how awesome I am or how much I've done throughout the last few years. HUGE win!

I know it's almost the middle of the month, but I still decided to do a little post about how my life is going outside of health and fitness, at least a little bit. What's life without a little fun, right?

I found this format on my girl Emily's blog, but it originated from Cassie at Back to Her Roots. So, here goes!

Thinking...about not wanting to go to work tonight for the Bread Bash. Mostly because it will end late and I have work at 5:30 tomorrow morning. =P

Feeling...AMAZING! Still rocking maintenance, and since I let go of my lowest number ever, I feel a little more free and happy! I realized that my low may not be the number I can maintain, but I found something that works for me, and can stick with!

Watching...The Good Wife. Seriously, this is the best show on network TV. It's mostly a legal drama, but does have a bit of politics in it with a pinch of soapiness. I've watched it from the beginning, and it is simply one of the best hours of TV week in and week out. Oh, and the cast (featuring Julianna Margulies as the lead) is amazing. They bring it every scene of every episode. If you're not watching it, get the discs or find it online because it is worth it!

Reading...nothing at the moment. I used to love reading, but can't seem to find/make time for it anymore. =( Maybe I spend too much time watching The Good Wife to read. ;-) Seriously, any book suggestions are welcome!

Excited...about peppermint mochas and red cups at Starbucks! This is my one exception to the "No holiday anything until after Thanksgiving" rule. We all know peppermint is acceptable any time of the year. Plus, the red cups are so cute!

Missing...daylight past 5:00 in the afternoon. Daylight savings time is so overrated. ;-)

Wondering...if the weather will ever make up its mind what it wants to do. It was cold this morning, but nice when I left the gym! Crazy!

Working...like a madwoman! I took the early (5:30-2) shift at work Monday-Friday, and it's a nice shift, but it's a lot of hours! Still, I would rather have that than work at night five days a week, including at least one weekend day. 

Stressed...about nothing at the moment. Strange for me, I know.

Proud...that I finally got my mind and body in the right place for once! I think that I am in control for the first time ever and know that I can maintain this!

Wanting...a skinny peppermint mocha from Starbucks. Maybe I'll go get one later on.

Wishing...that I had off tomorrow. Hey, a girl can dream, right? ;-)

Eating...I just ate Surf Taco for lunch. I went with a chicken burrito that I deconstructed. Took out the filling (chicken, brown rice, black beans, lettuce, and cheese), loaded up on that, and ate about half of the tortilla and chips that came with it. Perfect lunch. =)

Drinking...water. I had an intense workout this morning (50 minute Power class, followed by a 30 minute elliptical run), and am still rehydrating. Water is the best option anyway!

Loving...the current Group Ride release! That is a class I love anyway, but this release emphasizes resistance, and challenges me in a way I never have been before on a spin bike.

That's all from me! Here's to November continuing to be awesome!

How's everything going with you, my friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment