Where has July gone? It feels like the month just started, and we're already in August! I don't like it!
Well, since July's over, guess I should recap my goals from the month, right?
In case you missed them, here they are:
And here's how I did!
1) Put at least $50 into savings. Nailed it halfway through the month. I would have loved to made it more, but a less than normal paycheck last week didn't make it happen.
2) Blog at least once a week. I think I made it at least three out of four weeks. Not perfect, but better than it was. I'll take it.
3) No running AT ALL. Tough, but I did it! I never thought I would say it, but I was missing the pavement! I started running again on Friday, and it's been slow, but I know I'll be back fiercer than ever!
4) Plank-A-Day. I went 31 for 31! Still keeping the streak alive too! Hoping to keep this up through the rest of the year! Or at least through August. ;-)
5) One movie a week. Another three out of four. Although I think that three hours of Parks and Recreation makes up for the one week, right?
So all this earned me my reward. I will eventually get my Yankees bracelet, probably after my next paycheck or the one after. Still have a few bills to figure out. =P
Anyway, I was thinking of what to work on for August, and I couldn't think of anything. That was when I decided that I wanted to do something tying to the number 29 (since I turn 29 on Thursday).
Then it hit me: Why not run 29 miles in August?
I was honestly on the fence about it, then on Friday, I put the goal into RunKeeper, and there was no turning back.
This picture actually reflects my total distance (all 4 miles) as of today. Still have 25 to go, but I think that if I pace it right and make the most of my runs, it will happen!
You can follow my progress on Endomondo (the app I use to actually track my runs) and RunKeeper (where I plug them in and have the goal set up). I'm hoopsfreak03 on RunKeeper, but you have to enter my full name (Tracy Carroll) on Endomondo.
Edit (8/24/14): I am no longer using Endomondo and switched over to Caledos Runner for Windows Phone as of two weeks ago. The miles automatically sync to my RunKeeper. Still hoopsfreak03 on RK.
As for my reward...no idea what it is yet! I'm sure I'll think of something during the course of the month!
That's all for now! Happy August!
Have you ever set a mileage goal for a month? Was it for race training or for yourself?