Hi, everyone! I can't believe we're at AUGUST already! Where is 2016 going?!
I decided that since the last few months have been going in a direction that has been less than stellar (nothing terrible, but not my best), I decided to get back to making monthly goals!
1) Read one book. I love reading and have found several self-help books that I want to read. This month, I decided on You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life. Because who doesn't want that from life?
2) Limit coffee out to three times a week. This has started to get out of control. Again. All those stops to Dunks and Rook (now that there's one so close), plus my Friday Starbucks run really add up. So it's time to rein it in! I'm not counting freebies into this total, since I have a few coming for my birthday, but it's time to limit the amount of coffee I drink out, which will help me drink less overall.
3) Eat more fruits and vegetables. This has been a downfall of mine forever. I haven't been eating the best, and it's time to eat more colorful again! I plan on making fruit my sweet treat, plus more veggies at dinner time. Hopefully, I'll start to feel better as a result.
4) Blog twice a week. One of the sessions I went to at Fitbloggin' was how to be a consistent blogger. I don't see myself as one of those people who blogs every day, as I simply don't have the time or a consistent schedule. I decided twice a week is a good start. I can come up with lots of stuff to write, especially with two races coming up!
5) Write down a daily positive. This is more for me than anything. I won't post this, but keep it in a journal and look back on it on the 31st and see that life isn't as bad as it seems.
As for a reward? A new Alex and Ani bracelet! I haven't bought any since Christmas. I'm due for a new piece. ;-) I was going to make it a Momentum bracelet, but decided on one as my reward for completing #AP2TheLights, which is the big goal for the month.
Have a happy August, everyone!