Wednesday, January 31, 2018

RunAPalooza Training: Week 1

Since I just dusted off my blog, I am starting the training recaps a little late. Oh well.

Here's how week 1 went down:

Monday-REST
Mondays are rest days. Which suck, but at the same time, necessary. Hal Higdon has Mondays as either rest or active recovery (think yoga or any other type of stretching workout) since runners tend to work out so hard on the weekends (long run and usually some cross-training). It just sucks because I'm so used to working out on Mondays. I may sneak in a Barre class here or there depending on how I feel after that weekend. Time will tell.

Tuesday-4 miles
I did this one on the treadmill as I was planning on a yoga class that night too. Never made it to yoga, but the run was good. 

Wednesday-Ride and Power
Usual Wednesday night workout. Felt pretty solid the whole time.

Thursday-Sick day
I woke up on Thursday morning not feeling 100%. Pretty sure it was a bad cold. I left work early that day and spent the rest of the day in bed. I did lose the short run, but my body wanted the rest more.

Friday-REST
I took an extra rest day this week as I wanted to make sure I was really good to go for the weekend.

Saturday-Ride and Team Training
My normal long run day is Saturday (so I can take spin with the gym bestie on Sundays...lol). Since I had work on Saturday morning for a few hours, I decided to go to the gym for spin and interval training after and made Sunday the long run day. Not too shabby.


Sunday-6 miles
First long run of the cycle! This was the longest I ran since May and I was able to go OUTSIDE! I hate running on treadmills. I get bored too easily, plus it's just not the same as running outside. It was chilly and tough, but I did it!


Total Run Mileage:10
Total Spin Classes: 2
Total Weight Training: 1 hour
Total Mind-Body Work: None
Other Workouts: 30 minute interval training class


Not too bad for the first week! I did lose one run do to sickness, and I need to work on getting in the gym for a mind-body class, but I feel like I'm off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment