Wednesday, January 31, 2018

RunAPalooza Training: Week 2

The main goal I had for week 2 was to build on what I did in week 1. Here's how I did:

Monday-REST

Tuesday-4.5 miles
I got to run outside again! In January! What a unique experience! This one was tough, as I ran into wind and sprinkles of rain at one point, but it got done! I also made a wrong turn and wound up with an extra half mile. Okay, then...



Wednesday-Ride and Power

Need I say more? ;-)

Thursday-30 minute tempo run and yoga
I. Hate. Tempo. Work. I never do it, and I had to do it inside, which made it worse. Whatever. Next tempo run is 40 minutes and in a few weeks. Hopefully I can make that one outside.


Friday-REST

Saturday-6 miles
I took this week's long run to a trail that runs through my area. So nice to run someplace different. This long run's objective was pace control and consistency. Still working on both, as I had one mile at 11:36. I'll get there.


Sunday-R30 and Power
Since 6 miles on Saturday didn't hurt enough, I went all out on the bike. Plus I took my second Power class of the week. Somehow I felt okay after. Not complaining, but know if it doesn't feel right, adjust as needed.


Total Run Mileage: 13.25
Total Spin Classes: 1.5
Total Weight Training: 2 hours 
Total Mind-Body Work: 1 hour (yoga)
Other Workouts: None

This week went great, other than the tempo run! I felt good with most of each of the other two runs, plus I got some solid spinning and weight training in! Plus I hit 13 miles in a single week! I don't think that happened before! Here's to keeping up the momentum in week 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment