Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Goodbye, 26. Hello, 27!

Hello, everyone! In case you couldn't tell from the post title, it's my birthday today! I'm now 27, and in a better spot than I was when I turned 26 (and that was still a pretty good spot).

Anyway, my two big celebrations were Sunday with my family (dinner at Houlihan's) and Monday (shopping and Cheesecake Factory with my friend). So I was prepared for a low-key day today. 

My birthday started off like most other days off work do: at the gym. Apparently something on the computer came up after I got scanned in, because the girl at the desk wished me a happy birthday. I ended up taking two classes (core and kick), followed by 20 minutes of free weights. I also ran into Meredith, one of my favorite class instructors, who also wished me a happy birthday (after I told her it was...lol). I honestly could not think of a better way to start my day and my 27th year.

I got home from the gym to find season 2 of Downton Abbey on DVD! Season 1 is coming, but I still couldn't be happier! The afternoon was kind of quiet. Just relaxing, tweeting, and watching American Dad reruns. 

I did have a work thing to go to, but it went by kind of fast, and I got to wear my tiara through the whole thing (after I told the woman running it that it was my birthday). ;-)

Now I end my day in bed watching the Yankees game and taking part in the weekly Fitblog chat on Twitter. Overall, a really nice day. It would have been perfect if I didn't have the work thing to go to, but I still can't say I had a bad birthday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment