Monday, August 5, 2013

Friend Makin' Monday: My Community

Happy Birthday Week to Me! My birthday is on Wednesday, and my plans of going to the beach may not happen, due to pending rain. =/ I must be the only person crazy enough to workout on my birthday though, since I'm planning on going to spin class. Hey, I have to justify my annual baby back ribs and brownie sundae somehow, right? ;-) Anyway, on to this week's Friend Makin' Monday post!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com, so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
My Community
1. Where were you born? Did you grow up there? I've lived in New Jersey my whole life, but moved from Elizabeth to Middletown when I was 11.
2. Tell us about your favorite spot in your city. The local bayside beach that's a block from my house.
3. Do you volunteer for any organizations? If so, will you tell us about it? I don't. =(
4. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. My favorite area restaurant is in one of the other local towns (Red Bank). It's called Surf Taco, and has awesome food (Teriyaki chicken taco FTW!) and is very reasonably priced.
5. Has your city ever experienced tragedy?  If so, how did it recover? Hurricane Sandy hit parts of my town hard. My area was fine, but others weren't so lucky. I still see rebuilding even after nine months.
6. Share at least one unique thing about your neighborhood. I'm a block from the beach. Doesn't get better than that.
7. If you could do one small thing to change your community, what would you do? Create adult fitness programs in the community! I feel like everything is aimed for kids!
8. The Powerball is currently up to 400 million dollars. Would you move to a different place if you won? I would move to a different part of town, mostly for a bigger house with a pool, but I would stay in Jersey for sure. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. You're not kidding - if you're close to the beach, you've got it made!! Good for you! My husband is originally from Washington Township, NJ. I'm late with my FMM answers but you can read them here: http://peppersays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete