Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thinking Out Loud

Taking a rest day to blog is perfectly acceptable, right? ;-) Seriously, this was a planned rest, and after a crazy day at work, I need it!

Anyway, in addition to Friend Makin' Mondays, I found Thinking Out Loud on Thursdays! I discovered it on Brooke's page, but the idea originally came from Amanda at Running with Spoons. Basically, it's just a way to get all those random thoughts out on paper. Or in this case, a blog! ;-)

Here's the crazy randomness (and some not so random) going through my head:

1)SPRING HAS SPRUNG! It is still warm and light out at 7:00 in the evening. A girl can get used to this! Maybe some twilight running is in my future? Hmm...

2) I ate ice cream today for the first time in a year. Carvel was giving it away in honor of their 80th birthday, and who doesn't love something for free? I enjoyed it, but oddly don't miss it as much as I used to.

3) My current favorite album is "Night Visions" by Imagine Dragons. My favorite track is "It's Time." So clichĂ©, I know, but at the same time, I feel like it speaks so much about where I'm at in my life right now. I've already done so much, but it's time to do something more, which leads to...

4) I'm taking the plunge and registering for my first half-marathon next April! One of my goals is to complete a half-marathon before my 30th birthday, and I think this is totally doable! I think I will probably be one and done with this distance (you know, the whole money thing), and that's fine with me. I'm not exactly the fastest runner, and can't put in the time that I would like to in order to properly train consistently. Still, I never thought I would even want to do this!

5) Oh, and the Rangers are in the second round of the playoffs!

I should be recapping my April goals and posting my ones for May in the next day or so. Always needing something to work on, right? ;-)

Happy May Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment