Saturday, July 19, 2014

Product Review: Flapjacked Protein Pancakes

Disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for the following review and bought the product myself. Pictures and opinions are my own.

Happy Saturday, friends! This week seemed to go a little slow, and I'm just glad it's the weekend!

Over the course of about a month or two, I was hearing about this awesome protein pancake mix called Flapjacked. The mixes come in three flavors (Buttermilk, Banana Hazelnut, and Apple Cinnamon) and have about 15-17 grams of protein per half-cup serving. So, basically, they will keep you fuller longer than your average pancake.

It was about a week ago that I ordered my own bag and gave these pancakes a whirl myself. I was lame and went with the plain buttermilk, but I plan on trying the other two soon enough!


If you noticed on the package, they said "No Artificial ANYTHING!"

Say WHAT?!

That's right! All-natural ingredients!
 
 


I can pronounce everything on the label! Yay! 
 
Oh, and did I mention how easy they are to make?
All you have to do is add some water to the mix, let sit for a few minutes to thicken up, and cook on a low heat setting like you would any other pancake! That's right! If you don't believe me, here's proof that the company even said so! ;-)



So, on Monday night, after an intense cardio kickboxing class, I decided to make these!

One of the company's tips that I saw on their Instagram was to use a food scale to measure the mix since a half-cup is equal to 56 grams. Plus, people tend to pack their cups, so they end up with WAY more than a half-cup without realizing it. So, that's what I did. I put my mix right into the bowl though, so I saved myself a step...lol.

Anyway, once the mix was measured, I added my water, mixed it, and let it sit for about five minutes while the griddle heated up.

After about five minutes, my mix was ready to go, and I scooped it onto the griddle. Half a cup of mix will get you quite a few pancakes! I was surprised at this!

I love how the company even puts on the label to cook until there are no more bubbles in the pancake. Some pancakes can be hard to tell when they're done, so having this helpful hint was awesome. Not that I'm kitchen illiterate or anything, but still, it helps. ;-)

Less than 10 minutes later, I had pancakes! The company has all sorts of recipes for each mix, but I was simple for my first time out, and just topped mine with some syrup. One word: DELICIOUS!



Oh, and yes, I was full for the rest of the night. So, there. Protein does keep you fuller for longer!

Since they take less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish altogether, I might be making these for breakfast before work during the week! Maybe adding some yogurt or turkey bacon to make them a more complete meal!

Next time I make these, I plan on being more adventurous and using some of the recipes on their site, but they're just as delicious on their own!

The company occasionally runs sales on their items, so be on the lookout for them! Still, a full bag will run you about $12, plus S&H, which isn't too bad, considering how yummy and filling they are!

Have you tried Flapjacked pancakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment