Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2015 brings you all nothing but the best! I didn't party last night, woke up feeling great, and went to the mall! Nice day of leisure, no? ;-)
Anyway, 2014 ended not so well for me. Remember those goals I set last month?
Well, they didn't go too well. Here's the full recap:
1) Two days of strength training a week. Okay, I did great with this. I got my Power classes in every week. I added a mix of my own workouts as well as Active classes (mixed cardio and weights in one hour) to get the two in.
2) Unplug for 30 minutes nightly before bed. Eh, I got about 20 of 31 days. Not great, but not terrible either. I'll take it.
3) Try two new recipes. I tried one, which was a quinoa enchilada bake. If I made more of an effort, I would have done another. Oops...
4) Read one book. FAIL! I started True Compass (Ted Kennedy's memoir), but only got about four chapters in. Ugh. I should have nailed this one. Meh.
5) Celebrate daily victories, no matter how small. Not perfect with this either, but I tried to look at the positive in each day. Every little bit helps, right?
As you can tell, the month was kind of a wash. So no bracelet for me. It was my own fault. I let life happen. Oh well. Lesson learned.
I took some time to refocus and set a new set of goals for January. Here they are:
1) One social media free day a week. I actually did this as part of the Skinny Snowman challenge and it made me realize how much time I waste online. So I'm taking one day a week off the grid. It does a mind and body good.
2) Place $40 into savings. I haven't saved any money in two months. Those damn holidays. So, I decided to change that this month!
3) Read one book. Let's try this again! I think I'm going with something a bit shorter though. Pat Conroy's My Losing Season looks good. I mean, it's a basketball memoir, after all!
4) Try one new-to-me workout. I'm in a bit of a workout rut. I love my spin classes and all, but just want to try something new! Suggestions are welcome (other than Crossfit-no access to it here)!
5) Bake something healthy AND from scratch. Confession: I've never baked from scratch. Or anything healthy. I have a ton of recipies between Hungry Girl and Skinnytaste, so there's lots to work with!
Since I didn't earn the bracelet in December, I'm trying for it again in January! New year, new month, and new focus! I'm going to make this month awesome!
How are you planning to make this month and start of 2015 awesome?