Happy Saturday, everyone! I'm currently watching the Rangers and they came to play today! Let's just say I'm glad I got my workout in early!
While I'm watching the game, I decided to post this little recap of last month and what I'm working on for this one!
Here's a refresher on my April goals:
Here's how I did:
1) Write and post three daily positives about myself. NAILED IT! I seriously can't thank Dani enough for starting the #30daysofpositivity! (Seriously, I don't know where I would be without her!) Some days were tougher than others, but I managed to end each day with my three. I think that this will stick, even if I end up knocking it down to one or two.
2) Complete a 30 Day Ab Challenge. NAILED THIS TOO! It was tough toward the end (200 crunches and 125 sit-ups on day 30), but I did it! I feel stronger, and this led to one of my May goals!
3) Limit my coffee out to three days a week. Yes and no on this one. There was one week where I had coffee out four days, but two of them were freebies. I feel like I did pretty good with this!
4) Back to Treat-End ONLY. I did really good with this too. I did cheat twice (once with a bite of brownie and on Thursday with free Carvel), but I feel like I can maintain this. Will I beat myself up over one slip-up? No, but I won't use that as an excuse to go hog-wild either.
5) Try one new recipe. I made the Hungry Girl Cobb Burger, but put my own twist on it. It came out so good! Plus, it shows I don't need bread with my burgers all the time!
I feel like I had a really good April! I made huge strides in my mental confidence, and proved that I am stronger than I think! I'll be buying myself some music pretty soon!
As for what I'm working on in May, here you go:
1) Plank-A-Day. I REALLY need to get back into this. I did a plank every day in April as part of my ab challenge, so it's just about keeping it up and changing the planks themselves!
2) Put $1 for every workout into a savings jar. I've seen this on Pinterest, and decided to give it a shot. It's a different approach to savings, and I work out enough, so why not? I'm up to $3 in two days!
3) Hit 11,000+ steps twice a week. Okay, we all know I can hit 10,000 with the best of them! I just want to up the game and move a little more!
4) Try one meatless recipe. I don't eat meatless often enough. Plus, I would love to make something different!
5) Write two "non-fluff" blog posts. I've been in and out with my blogging lately, and most of it is "fluff" (Friend Makin' Mondays, Currently, etc.). Two posts that actually have thought should be easy enough.
My reward for this month will be some sort of sports T-shirt. I still haven't decided which one. All I know is it won't be a Rangers related shirt since they're still playing at this point.
Here's to an awesome May!
What are you working on this month? What would you like to see on this blog?