Thursday, August 6, 2015

Playlist Thursday: Defining My 20's

Happy Birthday Eve to me! This time tomorrow, I'll be 30! Where has time gone? I seriously feel like I just turned 21! Wow.

Since it's Thursday, it's time for another playlist! Pavey had some good ones, and after he randomly did one again, I decided to start my own!



Here's the format:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (I know that isn’t too long to be considered old, but music turnover happens quickly.)
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year.
Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.


Since tomorrow is my birthday, and I'll be in a new decade of life, I decided to make this week's playlist songs that reflected the crazy journey that my 20's took me on! Here's what I came up with:



Something Old

Artist: Bon Jovi
Song: Everyday
Side Note: You knew Bon Jovi was coming in a matter of time. I am from Jersey after all! I just realized this song was released my junior year of high school. Talk about feeling old. ;-) This is an awesome song though. The message of the song as a whole is having enough of living in the past and feeling like crap. Basically, living life every day as full as possible! I would have never done that if I was still overweight. I plan on embracing it even more in my 30's!
Quotable: Life, learning how to live my life, learning how to pick my fights, take my shots while I'm still burning.



 

Something Current

Artist: OneRepublic
Song: I Lived
Side Note: This is probably my favorite song on OneRepublic's album "Native." It is a catchy, yet emotional song. The message of the song is to live (or have lived) with no regrets, and nobody wants to have regrets. I run to this song all the time, and it makes me want to give it my all when I'm on the road. It was also the last song on Glee, and it was a fitting one too. I feel like this song spoke volumes about my 20's. While I struggled, I still gave everything I had, and even did some stuff that I never thought would have been possible.
Quotable: The only way you can know, give it all you have.




Something to Consider

Artist: Jordin Sparks
Song: One Step at a Time
Side Note: Another one you had to see coming...haha. Jordin was the American Idol winner in 2007, and was my favorite that season. This song was actually her second single, and was the song that started it all for me. I try to take life one step at a time, although I'm still a work in progress with this. Still, taking everything one step at a time more often than not got me to where I am today! I actually had that mantra custom made on a Momentum Jewelry wrap bracelet as a constant reminder.
Quotable: It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen, that we find the reasons why, one step at a time. 



There you have it! Three songs that defined my 20's and the crazy ride the decade took me on! Here's to making my 30's rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment