I still can't believe it's August already. In three days, I'll be 30 years old too. Wow.
Well, since we're into August now, guess I should recap July.
Here was what I set out to do:
Here's how I did:
1) Apply #wycwyc into my life more. I did really well with this. I wasn't perfect, but I found myself wick-wick'ing a lot more than I used to. I think this will stick. #wycwyc still feels better than nothing!
2) Create a training plan for my October races. Well, October is starting early. I signed up for a 5K on September 13, and actually decided to go week-by-week with the training plans. My schedule at work may be changing, and I don't want to have two months of plans that may not work even close to 100%. Plus, honestly, trying to plan two months out was driving me crazy. Still, I'm in the right direction.
3) Try one new recipe. FAIL! I swear, summer is the worst time of year to cook. I got so lazy and didn't do much in the kitchen. Just my own laziness to blame here. Meh.
4) Comment on five blog posts a week. NAILED IT! I love catching up on my friends' blogs and interacting with them and other readers. Maybe this will stay a habit? I hope so!
5) Place $50 into savings. Yeah, did not happen. I got $25 in, then spent what I had in savings at the Liberty game on Sunday. Plus, money was tight, and I didn't get to save. Hopefully, after the summer ends, I'll get back on track!
So, I didn't buy my new sheets since the month was less than spectacular. However, I am happy with the progress I made and hoping some of these will stick through the rest of the summer and into the fall!
I am actually stepping back from monthly goals for August. Change is happening at work, and I don't want to drive myself too crazy with that and the goals for the month. I don't want to get into specifics with work right now, since the process hasn't started yet, but I can say that this is something I feel I'm ready for and will be for the better.