Monday, December 7, 2015

#MotivateMe Monday: Keeping the Momentum Going!

I actually find myself looking forward to Mondays a bit more than I did. Partially because of spin and also because I get to link up with Janice and Rachel for #MotivateMe Monday! Join the fun on their pages too!



This week was a good one, both food and fitness wise. I took yoga for the first time in ages, and loved it! It's tough if you do it right, and it's also awesome for the mind! Think I will be adding it in to my workout schedule now! It's working for me. 

I did change a few things up in the gym, like doing Fight instead of Ride last Monday. I was just in a rut on the bike and needed a break. Plus, I forgot how much fun cardio kickboxing can be! Not to mention that my arms were on FIRE for about three days! Who says you need weights to get a good upper body workout? ;-) I only did one and a half spin classes last week, and think the break was what I needed. Ready to get back on the bike again.

I've been doing really well with the stretching too. It has been a rude awakening in realizing just how tight my body is, especially in my hamstrings. I'm not all Gumby yet, and probably will never be, but I'm noticing improvement already after just a week.

As for food, I did awesome! I ate at home more than out, although I did have pizza with the family once. There was one night where I wanted to crack and grab something after the gym, but I stopped myself and stayed on track! This will get easier with time, but as long as I have food to cook in the house, then it will be no problem.

For this week, I'm keeping it almost the same. Only change is I may have soup ONCE this week. It's getting cold here, plus I love Wawa's baked potato soup! So I may have that one day

Here's my workout plan for the week:

Monday: Core and Ride
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: Ride and Power
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: 2 mile run
Saturday: Ride and Core (possibly Centergy too, see how I feel on Saturday)
Sunday: Power and 20-30 minutes easy/moderate cardio

This week, I decided to set mini-goals just to keep myself in check. The monthly ones are good, but it's nice to break it down into smaller ones every so often. So here's what I hope to accomplish this week:

1) Cook something new! 
2) Unplugged and in bed by 10 every night. 
3) Blog once (other than this post).
4) 10,000 steps at least four days.

There you have it! Planning on keeping the awesome momentum going this week!

Have a great week everyone! =)   

No comments:

Post a Comment