Saturday, February 3, 2018

RunAPalooza Training: Week 3

Week 3 already? Time is flying! 

I decided to publish this on Saturday since I need to take tomorrow as a "rest" day (no workout, but I am working 6-3, so I'm not actually resting), so here's how it went this week!

Monday-REST

Tuesday-5K Run
Tuesday called for 5 miles, but since it was cold with snow showers, I went to the gym and made it the pace run. I don't have a clear idea on a half marathon or even a 10K pace, so I went with 5K pace (36:05-11:38/mile). I know this is not the best approach, but at least I got the miles in. I'll have a better idea of pace as I get more long runs in.

Wednesday-Ride and Power
The usual. I really don't know how to recap it other than my girls rock and make me feel better than when I go in to the gym!




Thursday-5 miles
This. Was. CRAPTASTIC. I worked from 5:30-3, and the last thing I wanted to do after work was run. However, I kept the end goal in mind. It was not pretty, as I took a fall with less than a mile to go. I'm fine except for a few cuts. Whatever. I got the miles in. 





Friday-Ride and Core
Since I have work at 6 on Sunday morning, I had to switch my cross-training from Sunday to Friday. Thankfully, I found a gym with spin class on Friday afternoons. I went in and had a solid workout. I took Core after and learned that I need to get some more core work in too!

Saturday-7 miles
LONGEST RUN EVER! This was when I found out the treadmills have time limits of an hour. Meh! I was getting into my groove! Anyway, a friend of mine suggested using gummy bears as fuel. I did and it worked! I felt fine throughout, until the end when I wanted to get off the damn treadmill. Pace was a little fast, but I'll take it! If there was a run I needed to prove to myself that I CAN do this, today was it! Oh, and I love this shirt from Bucket List Running! Check her shop out on Etsy! She has some pretty cool stuff! 





Sunday-REST
My rest day got switched to Sunday this week as I had to open another café. So I get two rest days in a row. I don't want to do this too often, but it's okay once in awhile.

Total Run Mileage: 15.1
Total Spin Classes: 2
Total Weight Training: 1 hour
Total Mind-Body Work: None
Other Workouts: 30 minute Core class


Still working on getting the mind-body work in! Highest mileage ever hit this week though, so that's a plus. This week showed me that not every run is going to be sunshine and rainbows, and that coming back from the bad ones matters as much as having good ones. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment