Saturday, February 17, 2018

RunAPalooza Training: Week 5

Five weeks of training done already?! Time is flying! Only 63 days to 13.1! Since tomorrow is a rest day (closing Ocean again), I decided to recap the week today!

Monday-REST

Tuesday-30 minute tempo run and Centergy
This week actually called for 40 minutes tempo. I decided to just hop on the treadmill and see what happened. I had a solid 30 minutes of work (2.58 miles)while watching Olympic curling. I was on the treadmill so I could take a Centergy class with my friend Rachel too! Boy, was it needed! My hip flexors were screaming for a good stretch and I felt better after the class!



Wednesday-Ride and Power
Valentine's Day is about love, right? So why not spend it with my girls doing my fav double workout? ;-) Great workout and I actually increased weight in four tracks in Power (including the evil shoulder track-Hello, 32ish pound barbell!). 



Thursday-4 miles
This run was tougher than it looked. I was not feeling 100% (Mother Nature sucks sometimes) and was tired after a long day at work. Still, I went outside for this one and it was awesome! This girl was meant to be outside! 



Friday-Cycle and Core
Good workout. Cycle was a mixed bag and Core was good too. I need to do more core work, but the class was not as much of a struggle as it was the last time. 

Saturday-8 miles
This was tough. I went outside and it was COLD! I also started to test energy gels. Chocolate GU tastes like hot fudge...lol. I do think I need to space them out a little more (I had two about 3-3.5 miles apart), but my body was fine with them. I pushed through and ended up with a 13:00/mile pace for the 8! I'll take it! Longest run yet!



Sunday-REST

Total Run Mileage: 14.58
Total Spin Classes: 2
Total Strength Training: 1 hour (Power)
Total Mind-Body Work: 1 hour (Centergy)
Other Workouts: 30 minute Core class

Overall, I feel GREAT about this week! I got my mojo back and had some solid mileage. My cross-training was on point too. Hope to keep this up into next week as I have a second eight-miler and am targeted for 16 miles overall for the week. 

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment