Friday, March 2, 2018

RunAPalooza Training: Week 6

Hello, everyone! It has been a busy week and I finally just found time to recap my sixth week of RunAPalooza training! I shook things up a bit, and it seemed to be okay. Here's how it went down:

Monday-Centergy and Core
I took Monday as an active recovery day. Plus I missed my girl Adrienne A LOT. Nothing too over the top, just enough to get moving and feel good.

Tuesday-4 miles
I RAN ALONG THE BEACH IN FEBRUARY! If you haven't guessed, I like running along the beach. ;-) It was a beautiful day, so I went to Pier Village in Long Branch (my happy spot) and ran a solid four miles. 


A post shared by Tracy Carroll (@tradledee85) on


Wednesday-Ride and Power
The usual. It's getting harder to recap Wednesday night workouts unless I really amp up something in either class. I just played around with my weight in Power and felt some really good challenges in class.



Thursday-3 miles, Barre, and ViPR
I took a trip to the gym in Ocean to take Barre and ViPR with Lori, who has become a fav of mine in the short amount of time I've taken classes with her. The three miles were amazing with a pace of 11:14! Barre and ViPR proved to be a challenge too, but gave me some needed conditioning and toning work.



Friday-REST

Saturday-REST
I was planning on some type of activity on Saturday, but life and work happened. So I took a second rest day after all.

Sunday-Johnny Mac House of Spirits Train Run (5.7 miles)
I recapped this separate, since it was an experience in itself. Recap is HERE.



Total Run Mileage: 12.8
Total Spin Classes: 1
Total Strength Training: 1 hour (Power)
Total Mind-Body Work: 1 hour (Centergy)
Other Workouts: 30 minute Core class, 30 minute ViPR class, 1 hour Barre class

My goal mileage for the week was 15 miles, and I did come short on my long run. I'll have more about that in the Train Run recap, but overall, I feel good about last week. I got to run outside, make a new friend, and got some different types of workouts in! I'm still trying to balance everything, but I feel like I'm making some good moves forward! 


No comments:

Post a Comment