Sunday, March 4, 2018

RunAPalooza Training: Week 7

Whoa, I'm halfway there. Whoa, livin' on a prayer. Okay, I'm showing my inner Jersey girl a bit, but I finished week 7 and am just under seven weeks to 13.1! 

Here's how this week went:

Monday-REST

Tuesday-6 miles
This one was actually a split run since life happened. I had a split shift at work, and I had to take my dad to the doctor's. It was a hilly run, but the pace wasn't terrible on either end.



Wednesday-Ride and Power
The usual Wednesday night. I pushed resistance in Ride and went for my heaviest weight on legs in Power, along with bumping it up on the shoulder track. Legs were shredded for sure!



Thursday-5 miles, Barre, and ViPR

I am digging Lori's Barre and ViPR! So worth the trip to Ocean on Thursdays! Those are not easy classes, but they are helping me with strength, lengthening, and conditioning (which runners can always use). Before that though, I got five miles in OUTSIDE since the rain managed to hold out after I got off work! Yay!



Friday-REST

Saturday-Ride, Team Training, and Centergy
Solid morning of cross-training that hit everything! I started with Ride, then followed that with an upper body heavy Team Training class. After those two, I cooled down with Centergy. Pretty good mix for a Saturday morning!



Sunday-9 miles
This was tough. It was cold and windy. I had quite a few points where I wanted to give up, but I kept going! I stayed in my town and did the same two mile out and back four times. After the fourth round, I went a different way for my last mile. Nine miles under 13:00/mile? I'll take it!



Total Run Mileage-20
Total Spin Classes-2
Total Strength Training-1.5 hours (Power and Team Training)
Total Mind-Body Work-1 hour (Centergy)
Other Workouts-30 minute ViPR class, 60 minute Barre class

NAILED IT! I feel great about how this week went! I finally got every workout I wanted to get in done! I even added some new stuff too! Mileage may go down next week since it's tempo week, but I hope to keep this awesome momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment