Wednesday, March 21, 2018

RunAPalooza Training Week 8

I have fallen SO behind on my blogging! Life has been so crazy with work and family stuff, but if you follow my socials, I've still been putting in the work! Since I'm pretty much stuck inside because of the pending Noreastersnowmageddonpocalypse (Part 4, BTW), I decided to catch up on blogging! Here's how week 8 went down:

Monday-REST

Tuesday-4 miles and Centergy
This one was supposed to be 6, but it was super cold and windy. Plus I was not feeling 100% (lack of sleep and forgetting to eat-totally owning up to it). So I cut it at 4, got myself a smoothie, and took a Centergy class with my friend Rachel. Felt better.




Wednesday-REST
This was Noreastersnowmageddonpocalypse Part 2. I wound up going to work for a bit in the morning, so I couldn't get in the gym then. My gym closed at 3, so no Ride and Power at night. Took it as a rest day and watched Angry Birds.

Thursday-30 minute speed run, Barre, and ViPR
Thursdays mean short and fast runs with a side of Lori's Barre and ViPR. This run was 2.68 miles, which put me at a 11:24/mile pace. Loaded functional training with strengthening work after a run. It is working. I feel improvements in my conditioning. This was the best I felt all week.



Friday-Ride and Core
No Wednesday workout meant having to get it in on Friday. Solid spin class followed by a good Core class. I do need to get more consistent with core work, but I'm getting there. 


Saturday-Cycle and Power
Tough workout. No mercy was shown in cycle at all. Power was equally tough. It was tough, but I nailed it!


Sunday-5 miles
The "long" run of the week. I attempted to go my full nine (which was the plan), but working from 4:30 in the morning the day the clocks changed forward left me feeling wiped out. So I did what I could. This run was crap, but it was something.



Total Run Mileage-11.68
Total Spin Classes-2
Total Strength Training-1 hour (Power)
Total Mind-Body Work-1 hour (Centergy)
Other Workouts-30 minute Core class, 30 minute ViPR class, 60 minute Barre class

Overall, this week was not so great. I was less than 100% for much of the week, the weather threw me off, and I was working like crazy. I did get something in for five days, which is better than nothing, but still not where I wanted the week to be. Week 9 was much better, and I'll have that post up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment