Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Change it Up!

Hello, my friends! Hope everyone is doing good!

I recently took a moment or so to look over my workout routine, and while Wii Fit's strength training and yoga are good, I realized that I needed more resistance training in my routine.

My first instinct was to get a set or two of free weights. However, I realized that I have no room to store them. So I got the next best thing: resistance bands. I got a set of 3 bands, hand grips, a DVD, and a carrying bag for only $15-half the cost of a month at a gym.

Let me tell you, it was well worth it, even though I only used them once so far. Just minutes in, I was feeling my muscles working, and after the full 30 minutes, it was the best workout I had in some time. Yup, I officially worked resistance training into my routine. 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week...yeah that'll work for me. Add in my cardio 2-3 days a week, and I'm set. :-)

In all honesty, I don't think I would have been this open to change seven and a half months ago. Now I've realized that, for the most part, change is good. It can lead to new things, some bad, some good. It's all about being open to it.

Taking it one step at a time!

~Tracy~

No comments:

Post a Comment