Monday, April 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal: April 2012

Hi, all! Taking a break from the 5K updates to post about a program I took part in called Foodie Pen Pals. For those unfamiliar with the program, it was started by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean and it's pretty much exchanging food with fellow bloggers/readers. (More details on her blog). This was the first month I did it and I enjoyed putting together the box for my pen pal as well as getting my own!

I received a box from Lindsay over at Running with Tongs. I told her my favs were chocolate, peanuts/peanut butter, and cinnamon and that I was open to trying new things. I got my box today and I got all sorts of treats. =)

This was what I got in the box:
 

  • Two Luna bars, one Peanut Butter Cookie and one Caramel Nut Brownie. Both sound delicious. I will be digging in very soon. =)
  • Chocolate flavored Amazing Meal. This will come in handy as an after-workout snack.
  • A mini Dan's Chocolates Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter bar. Ate it. Loved it.
  • A jar of Justin's All-Natural Peanut Butter (Creamy). This came in handy as I was just running out of peanut butter. Love it on my whole wheat waffles. 
  • Chocolate Chia Goodness. I have yet to break into this. Maybe over the weekend, when I have time to make something other than Cherrios for breakfast.
  • Coupons for Chia Goodness
In the note that she wrote (part of the package has to include a handwritten note of some sort), she said that she went with a chocolate/peanut butter theme and included some of her favs. I saw everything, and I never tried any of the stuff in the box (except for the peanut butter), so I was excited to try it!

I will definitely be doing this program again, and I can't wait to see what I get in the future! =D

Tracy

1 comment: