Monday, April 30, 2012

Life Falling Into Harmony

I'm writing this almost out of nowhere, and honestly, I think that's where the best posts come about.

For those who don't know, I was in a bad place in more ways than one for months. I was struggling with my self-esteem, despite the weight loss. I was also in a job I couldn't stand, trying to find a new one for months with no luck.

Then, a month ago, everything seemed to fall into place. Almost in perfect harmony.

I signed up for a 5K. The beginning runs were hard, but my mental confidence boosted each week along with my physical endurance (well, except for one mental setback).

I love myself for the first time in, well, ever. I look at myself not as a shape or a pant size, but as a strong person who can do practically anything I set my mind too.

Finally, I got a new job. I went from Chuck E. Cheese to Panera, and I think that was the best move I could have made. I've been there a month, and I've been happier than I was in nine years at Chuck E.

While I may not have a picture perfect life for someone my age, I've realized that everything that has happened was because it was supposed to. Months ago, I was thinking that the best years of my life were gone, just because I wasn't in the same boat as everyone else. Now, I've realized that they've just begun. I'll have years to settle down. For now, I'm happy with continuing on my own path in life.

Kisses and hugs,

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment