Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review and Looking Ahead to 2014

Second post of the night. Hey, have to get blogging in before the year ends, right? ;-)

Anyway, 2013 was, for the most part, a good year. Here's what happened (in no particular order):

1) I ran my comeback 5K in May and another in June. I didn't PR in either of
    them, but just having the guts to run again less than a year after a nasty
    knee injury was amazing enough. 

2) I became an aunt in May to an adorable baby boy! He's now seven and a
    half months old, and getting cuter by the day!

3) I got two promotions at work in the span of a month and a half. I started       2013 as a trainer, ended it as a Zone Leader. No intentions to become a
    manager anytime soon, but we'll see what happens.

4) My mom got diagnosed with an autoimmune platelet disorder in May, and
    suffered a stroke as a result. Yes, it sucked, but our family is closer than
    ever.

5) I met my Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis on General Hospital) in November. She's
    been one of my favs since I started watching the show in 2009! So happy
    I finally got to meet her! 

6) I got out of the "overweight" category in July for the first time in about 20
    years, which led to...

7) Hitting goal and becoming an "After" in September. I'm actually still one 
    pound below my original goal, and have stayed there since. I truly believe
    I can maintain this for life.

So, yeah, that was 2013 in a nutshell. The good outweighed the bad for sure. I'm kind of sad that this year is going, but ready to see what 2014 brings!

Speaking of which, I have only two things that I want to focus on in the new year:

1) Maintain my 101 pound weight loss. The first year is always the hardest, 
    and I want to keep doing what I'm doing and stay an "After."

2) Stop comparing myself to others! This is something I have struggled with
    forever, and just want to be the best ME I can be! I realized that no two 
    stories are exactly alike, and why should I strive to be a second-rate
    version of someone else when I can be a totally kick-ass, one and only
    version of me, right? Enough said.

I seriously can't thank you guys enough for all of your love and support this year! You all rock! I love you all!

Peace, love, and happiness to you all in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Years and I hope that 2014 brings you more awesome and exciting adventures.

    ReplyDelete