Thursday, July 30, 2015

Playlist Thursday: Pop Music

When the hell did it get to be July 30?! Seriously! Where is the summer going?

Anyway, since it's Thursday, that means it's time for another playlist!



Seriously, I would love to thank the awesome Pavey for making this happen! I'm trying to keep it going as long as I can! 

This week, I decided to step outside my current alt-rock zone and throw it to pop music. Which was good until the late 2000's. Then it became (mostly) crap. Anyway, here's the format:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (I know that isn’t too long to be considered old, but music turnover happens quickly.) Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year. Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.

Here's what I came up with:

Something Old

Artist: New Radicals
Song: You Get What You Give
Side Note: This is probably (okay, definitely) the only song you've heard by this band. It's a catchy song for sure. and it was probably associated as a graduation song in the 90's and early 2000's. Basically, it's saying just keep working at life, or anything really, and it will pay off. I recently just rediscovered this song and it rings true in my own life at the moment. 
Quotable: You feel your dreams are dying, hold tight.



 

Something Current

Artist: Ariana Grande (feat. Zedd)
Song: Break Free
Side Note: This has become one of my favorite songs. Totally upbeat but it has such an awesome message. This song is about not taking any crap from a certain someone, or just the world in general. Whatever. It's one of those songs I listen to when I've had a bad day and need to get some fire back in me.
Quotable: This is the part where I break free, 'cause I can't resist it no more.



 

Something to Consider

Artist: Ellie Goulding
Song: Burn
Side Note: I looked up the song and found out that Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic was one of the writers. No wonder I like it so much. ;-) Really, it is a good song though. I believe that this song is about standing up for what you believe in and not giving up on it (letting the fire burn). It can also be about spreading that belief around the world, like we're the stars. 
Quotable: Light it up, like we're the stars of the human race.



There you have it! Three songs in the pop world that basically all say not to give up, in some form or another. It wasn't until I put this playlist together that I realized it either. It works. No clue what next week's playlist will bring, so enjoy this week's!

What are YOU listening to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment