Monday, April 15, 2013

2013 Spring Into Summer 5K Training Week 5

Solid week of training with almost no pain! With just less than three weeks to race day, this is AWESOME!!

Monday: REST

Tuesday: Core + 2.15 mile run

I had a Tuesday off for the first time in ages. I went to the gym in the morning for that core class. I followed that with a 2.15 mile run on the treadmill. I completed that in 30 minutes, and felt strong, but slow. Proof that I hate treadmills. =P

Wednesday: 2.71 mile run

I try not to run on consecutive days, but since I was unsure when I would get another chance to, I decided to go for it. Right choice indeed. I completed this one in 32:05 (11:50/mile). Consistently maintaining a sub 12:00/mile now! Huge for my confidence.

Thursday: Weights + Spin + Core

I skipped Tuesday spin since I had to get the cleats on my spin shoes replaced (but that's another post), plus I knew I was going on Saturday. So, I went to the Thursday class instead. Class was the same as the Saturday before (test release), but with my new shoes. It felt weird, but awesome at the same time. I did weights before and core after.

Friday: REST

Saturday: Weights + Spin + Core

Different spin class than Thursday, but it was still awesome! The format got changed (ten tracks as opposed to just nine), but honestly, I feel like that made the class go faster! I also did my usual weights and core.

Sunday: 2.63 mile run

I broke an 11:00 mile! Okay, barely (10:58), but I still did it! I felt incredibly strong during this outing, and feel myself coming back to where I was last year! I completed this one in 30:09 (11:29/mile pace), putting me within seconds of the pace when I PR'd my 5K last year (11:26/mile). 

As the race gets closer, the weather finally broke, my adrenaline is surging, and my confidence is stronger than ever! I'm right where I want to be, and with 19 days to go, this is a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment