Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 Spring Into Summer 5K Training: Week 3

Hi, everybody! Happy April, and most importantly, Happy Opening Day for all us baseball fans! =)

Anyway, I forgot to post last week's training log last night, so here it is!

Monday: Strength Training + Core + Kick

The weather was not cooperating for the run I was originally planning on, so off to the gym I went for Monday night kick. Before kick, I lifted for about 20 minutes and did a 30 minute core class.

Tuesday: Spin (75 minutes) + Core

I got a little less time on the bike than I was originally planning on, but I still rocked it! I also did a core class after. 

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: 2.68 mile run

I knew it would be too dark to run after I got home from work on Thursday night, so I woke up early and ran before work! Pace was slow (36:26 total, averaging 13:37/mile), but I felt strong and ready to face the world! Or at least the customers at work. ;-)

Friday: REST

Saturday: 3.19 mile run

This run was planned, but the time and distance were not. I ended up running the furthest I have in nearly a year, and my pace was improved from my last couple of runs (39:40, averaging 12:26/mile). While it's not where I WANT to be, I think this is where I SHOULD be, and now I know I can complete the distance again!

Sunday: REST

HUGE improvements in the last two weeks! It was just two weeks ago that I was barely able to complete a 2.91 mile run in 40 minutes! On Saturday, I completed a 5K, plus 0.9 miles in less than that! My cross-training has been awesome too! With just less than five weeks until race day, I have a feeling I will keep improving, as long as I don't go over the edge!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment