Monday, April 22, 2013

2013 Spring Into Summer 5K Training Week 6

Six weeks down, two to go, and I'm feeling stronger than ever! =D 

Monday: Core + Kick

Monday's core was not one for beginners! My instructor was testing the October release, and it is definitely an advanced one! As often as I've done core classes, I still felt lost with this one! Kick was tough as well, but I din't feel as lost. Still a solid hour and change of training though.

Tuesday: Spin + Core

My shoulder was sore from kick on Monday, so I didn't get any lifting in like I usually do on Tuesdays. I just did my usual spin and core.

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: 3.51 mile run

This run was planned, but the distance was not. It was one of those where I started, and sort of underestimated the distance. So I ran about a mile more than I planned. Oops. Let's just say I was feeling this one for awhile...

Friday: REST

Saturday: REST

Sunday: 2 mile run

Well, this one was a little over two miles. My pace overall was 11:14/mile! I just wanted to let out some adrenaline, and that I did! If I can maintain this, I see myself PR'ing my 5K! 

Overall, I'm happy with this week! Yes, I slacked in the strength training area, but I didn't want to aggravate my shoulder. With less than two weeks to go, I don't want to risk injury of any kind! It's crunch time now, and I'm taking this coming week as active recovery before I hit the final stretch. We'll see how well it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment