Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Spring Into Summer 5K Training: Week 7

My focus on this week was recovery, which worked well in the beginning, but not so much toward the end. I just listened to my body and ran when it felt good.

Monday: Core + 20 minutes elliptical

Definitely an active recovery day. I did a quick 20 minutes on the elliptical, focusing on maintaining a lower heart rate while staying in motion. After that, I did a core class.

Tuesday: Spin (90 minutes) + Core

Usual Tuesday night routine. I wasn't feeling it at first, but I stuck with it!

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: REST

Friday: 2.67 mile run.

This run had "shakeout" written all over it. Pace was slow (11:54/mile), but at least I ran negative splits, which is something I want to accomplish on race day!

Saturday: Weights + Spin + Core

Only a 60 minute spin on Saturday morning, but I still made every second count! I lifted before, and did a core class after.

Sunday: 2 mile run

This run was unplanned, but it was so nice out yesterday, that I couldn't say no to a run! So I went out for a quick two miles. Pace was about what I want on race day (11:22/mile), but without negative splits. I guess consistency will be the name of the game this week.

Officially in race week! Five days to go, and I couldn't be more excited! I have been waiting for this moment for almost a year, partially for redemption from June, and partially to get back to a race!

No comments:

Post a Comment