Monday, July 29, 2013

Friend Makin' Mondays: Ten Things That Make Me Happy

Crazy week this week! I actually had a 37 hour week (picked up a total of nine hours-WIN!), plus put in my usual 8 hours in the gym, including trying a new class (Centergy, which is basically yoga and Pilates in one class) and went to a party for work! Whew! Thankfully, I get a break, as I'm off tomorrow. Heading to the gym in a bit, but first, a Friend Makin' Monday post!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

10 Things That Make Me Happy

1) My two and a half month old nephew Hayden. I seriously love this little guy to bits. =)




2) Working out, especially kickboxing and spinning. 

3) Sparkly Soul headbands. I own 13, and am still adding to my collection!



4) The Good Wife. Seriously, if you have not watched this show, get the DVD's and start watching from the beginning. Best show on network TV.

5) Fro-yo. I have a horrible sweet tooth, even after losing over 90 pounds. I keep it in check though! Just one treat a week.

6) Baked potato soup. I work at Panera, and we serve it twice a week. However, anytime I go out to another restaurant and if they have baked potato soup, I will order it for sure!

7) The Fitblog/Fitbloggin' community! I went to the conference for the first time in 2012, and just felt so welcome from the moment I arrived. I was heartbroken when I couldn't go this year (a $9/hour job only goes so far), but the awesome Susan at FoodFoodBodyBody (Twitter @FoodieMcBody) was willing to send postcards to those who weren't able to attend this year's conference. Of course, I wanted one! It was such a sweet idea!

8) Music of just about any kind. I'm not a huge fan of rap or heavy metal, and am not the biggest country lover, but I dig just about anything else. Lately, I've been on a classic rock kick.

9) Clothes! I think this automatically comes with weight loss, but I still love shopping for new clothes. I'm planning on buying a pair of Lululemon capris either this week or next week as a birthday/90 pound loss present to myself. Expensive yes, but so worth the hard work!



10) Iced coffee. More specifically, iced lattes. My personal fav? Starbucks Skinny Vanilla.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Take time to get to know someone new this week, leave a few comments and come back and link up in the comments at All the Weigh! Happy Monday, friends!



3 comments:

  1. Found you via FMM! Congrats on the weight loss. I will have to check out your blog and learn more about your journey. I am in serious need of shedding some pounds. Excellent work! I would definitely reward myself with some clothes if 90 pounds came off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It hasn't been an easy four years, but it's been worth it! I've been buying clothes for awhile, but I was saving the Lulu for a huge milestone!

      Delete