Saturday, May 8, 2010

Got Hurt, But Still Able to Work Out!

Hello, my friends! Hope that everyone is having a good weekend!

On Thursday, I very, very stupidly twisted my ankle during my afternoon walk. It was a little better when I woke up on Friday morning. However, I worked and walked on it for five hours straight, which brought the pain right back. No workout on Friday. It felt horrible not being able to Shred like I have been doing!

Today, my ankle is feeling better, but I didn't want to jump right back into my normal routine and aggrivate my foot again. Just a little while ago, I realized that just because I hurt a part of my lower body doesn't mean that I couldn't workout my upper body. I did just that. I did chest flies, three forms of crunches, dumbbell rows, bicep curls, and punches. Basically, I took moves from the Shred that I knew would not put too much stress on my ankle, but knew would give me a good workout.

Before I started this journey to change my life, I would have used the ankle injury as an excuse not to work out at all. Now, I've realized that if you injure ONE part of the body, there are still others that you can work on. It's just a matter of finding the moves that you are able to do.

Have a good night everyone!

~Tracy~

No comments:

Post a Comment