Sunday, July 5, 2015

30 Days of Tracy: Countdown to My 30th Birthday

Hi, everyone! Hope you all had an awesome 4th of July! 

I was thinking of what I could do to countdown to my 30th birthday on August 7, but was stumped. I didn't want to do a run streak, since my body physically needs rest days. I didn't want to do a photo-a-day, since I never seem to finish them. What was a girl to do?

Then, on Friday, my girl Tara over at WorthEveryOunce said she was mindfully doing something good for herself over the next thirty days, as she counts down to her 40th. 

DING-DING!

I decided that I will do the same thing for myself the thirty days leading up to my 30th. I realized that I don't take enough time for myself, especially down time to just zone out. I'm always doing something, whether it's working, being in the gym or playing with the nephew. Granted, I feel lucky to be able to do all this, but at the same time, I want to also take care of my mind and soul.

Therefore, not all of my activities will be fitness related. I would love that, but I know it's not what's best for me. I plan on doing something for me once a day over the next month, starting on Wednesday. I know that no matter how small the activity may seem, it will be something that makes me happy, which will help me be a better person, either mentally or physically.

You can follow all the fun too! I'm @Tradledee85 on Twitter and Instagram, and will be using the hashtag #30DaysofTracy to record this experience. I can't wait to see how this turns out! 

Here's to an awesome last month of my 20's!

How do you count down to YOUR birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment