Thursday, July 23, 2015

Playlist Thursday: It's About the Journey, Not the Destination

Hey, everyone! It's almost Friday! Yay! 

Well, you know what that means: Playlist Thursday!


I got the idea from the one and only Pavey, and decided to make this a weekly thing as long as I have the desire to keep going with it.

This week, I decided to dig out my training and race playlists and picked three awesome songs, and realized that it's not all about the destination, but the journey itself!

Here's the format:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (I know that isn’t too long to be considered old, but music turnover happens quickly.)
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year.
Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.

Here's what I came up with:


Something Old

Artist: U2
Song: Beautiful Day
Side Note: This song is (almost) TEN years old! I knew it was released in the 2000's, but I didn't think it was that long ago. Whatever. This is one of my favorite U2 songs, and perfect to run to. Ironically, in my May 5K, the pouring rain hit just as this song came on my playlist. Still, I keep it in my running rotation because the message in it is incredibly true, even if the weather is not on your side! ;-)
Quotable: You love this town, even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you.


Something Current

Artist: Calvin Harris/Alesso (feat. Hurts)
Song: Under Control
Side Note: Unless you're a huge Calvin Harris or Alesso fan, you may not have heard of this song. This was on the 2014 album Motion, and it is one of my favorites from the album. It's in the typical Calvin Harris electronica style, and is an awesome song for working out or blasting in your car. It's not on my race playlist right now, but maybe someday. I usually listen to it at least once when I'm in training mode though. 
Quotable: Waiting for the fire to light feeling like we could do right.


Something to Consider

Artist: Foo Fighters
Song: Walk
Side Note: I was introduced to this song through spin class, and it made its way on to my race playlist for this year. Listening to it, I feel like it makes sense in my own journey. I feel like I had to get up and rebuild when I started on this path of healthy living, as I got injured three years ago, and as I took on 5K running. This journey may not be perfect, but as long as I never want to give up, and get back up when I fall down, I'm on the right track!
Quotable: Set me free, again. To keep alive, a moment at a time.


There you have it! Some more tunes to keep you rocking through your next workout or wherever life may take you! 

What are YOU listening to this week?

1 comment: